Monday, March 31, 2008

Ka Mate..Ka Mate..



Another sevens is over and I have to admit that I have been feeling rather unwell all day today (perhaps it was something I ate). After 10 years of going to Hong Kong Rugby 7's I really should know better by now. I certainly should know that it is unwise to carry on into Wanchai afterwards after the day's activities - never mind. The stadium bore witness to the usual goings on, with the odd game of rugby sometimes distracting the crowd from the general partying and drinking.

Darling decided to give the event a miss this year, having been to several now, admitting that she has only gone along in the past on the off chance of seeing streakers would you believe. She was rather disappointed when I told her that there were three such incidences this year on the Saturday. Perhaps that will mean she will want to go next year now!

On the topic of disappointment, the 'wheels' well and truly came off England's chariot once again in the cup quarter finals - this time to Samoa (who they had beaten the day before). I somehow suspect the glory years of 2002 - 2006 may not be seen again. Fair play to the Kiwis though, impressive throughout and deserved winners of the tournament.

(photos nabbed from the Apple Daily)

No comments: