Sunday, March 4, 2007

Black Holes, Revelations and Hysteria - Muse live in Hong Kong



Well, excellent performance from Muse last night in Hong Kong.
Fantastic set, starting with Take a Bow and finishing off with Nights of Cydonia (my favourite of the night), only dissapointment was that they did not play Absolution.
The crowd was the liveliest I have seen in over 9 years of going to concerts in Hong Kong and even had us jumping around a bit (not like me at all...). The Pics posted were taken with my new Dopod PDA phone, so please excuse the poor quality. As you can see this appears all the rage at gigs nowadays, with people photographing or recording almost the entire set on their mobiles or cameras (check out the link to You Tube below).
As for my mobile I have now figured out how to lock the keypad as during the excitement of last night I managed (without knowing it at the time), to connect to the internet, reject 2 calls and phone Reedy Boy back in the UK treating him to 3 mins of the concert (sorry fella!).
Well worth seeing if you get the chance and certainly worthy of the accolades they are currently enjoying (best live band - Brit Awards, best British Band - NME Awards etc).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the call Hoj. It was obviously Muse but I couldn't work out which track because I could only hear you screaming like a girl!!! ;-)

Checked out the stuff on YouTube and what a superb set. Good stuff.

Glad to see you land in the tech age and now blogging.

Keep it up and I'll keep adding offensive comments. I'm surprised Carl hasn't done the same!!!

Cheers mate,

Graham.

Hoj said...

Cheers fella,

Thanks for your comments - good to know someone out there has actually read what I have written!

Apologies for the 'girly' screaming - you know how excited I get at such events, particularly with the aid of a couple of lagers.

As for the blogging I will try to keep it up. Suprising myself even with my new found 'tech' ability.

Regards,

Hoj.