Thursday, May 17, 2007

Better Late than Never

Well, despite the incompetancies of the Fortress sales staff, my new flat screen TV was finally delivered and set up on Saturday evening. I say my TV, incidentally, as Darling insists it is mine, not 'ours', as I was the one that decided we needed a new television and went off an bought it. After taking the afternoon off work to be home in time for the scheduled delivery, I received an apologetic call from Jack at Fortress, advising that there had been some mix up and that it would not be possible to deliver the TV on Saturday, as all of the delivery vans were now out making their rounds having left the wharehouse, minus my TV. Jack then advised that it would definitely be coming on Monday.

"How could this happen"? I casually asked, "after I specifically asked you on Thursday to confirm that everything was set for delivery today". There was a moment's pause whilst Jack squirmed, I imagine, desperately thinking how to aportion blame elsewhere, before finally admitting that he had given the warehouse the wrong delivery date.

Now, I did not loose my temper at this point (I know, most unlike me). Instead, I told them that they would be delivering the TV today, as promised, and advsied that I would be grateful if they could kindly confirm what time it would arrive.

So, having gone home early from work and with with a couple of hours to kill, we decided to settle down and watch 'Borat' on DVD. Now, I will not be giving any of the 'story' away here, however I will advise that I was very glad that we had infact ended up watching this film on our old, 'small' television as a certain segment of the movie is probably not best viewed on a 37" flat screen TV where the picture is magnified approximately by 2 to 3 times of that of a standard TV! That is all I will say on the matter - if you have seen the film, you can probably guess the section I am referring to.

A few hours later, the TV finally arrives and is set up by two very helpful assistants from Fortress. Jack had called me earlier to say that he was sorry that he would not be able to come round himself and set up the TV (I can't imagine why!).

Once set up, it is blatantly obvious that the TV is ridiculously oversized for our apartment, so much so that it is even slightly painful to watch the television from the settee. It is, however tremendous when viewed from my computer desk or from the bathroom. Darling, to her credit, has not muttered 'see' or 'there, that's what happens when you go buying things without me..' even once, whereas if I had been in her position, I would not have been able to resist.

Still, I have persevered, managing to sit through King Kong (appalling) on Saturday night, and, more enjoyably, on Sunday watching Man Utd being presented with the Premiership trophy (Graham & Niki - you did not seriously think that I would let that go without a mention here did you?). So all in all, everything is finally in place where it should be, even if things were touch an go for a while. I now find that I can cope with the headaches and painful eyes, but still have not fathomed out whether my new found 'sun tan' is from Dragon Boat practice or the glare from the TV!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man...is Borat that sick? yaiks..
So what next? A bigger apartment to fit the TV rite? ;)